Melange Grey Organic Cotton Zipped Hoodie
We love this soft and warm hoodie. With a sumptuous fleece style lining, ribbed cuffs and bottom hem, and double thick hood with draw string, it’s perfect for keeping you warm on those chilly days and nights.
But we also love it’s environmental credentials:
- Made with 100% organic cotton (certified to GOTS)
- No polyester in the mix means no micro-plastics will find their way into the ocean when it’s washed.
- The making of this hoodie produces 90% less Carbon Dioxide emissions than the standard equivalent (certified to the Carbon Trust Standard)
- The factories that made this product are certified to the Fair Wear standard, ensuring the fair treatment of workers
[See the Environment section below for details and certifications]
This is a regular fit hoodie. If you’re towards the top end of your size, consider the next size up for a looser fit.
Caring for your Hoodie
A big chunk of the environmental impact a garment has occurs once it’s in your hands. These guidelines not only ensure that your hoodie will last, but also help to keep the planet cool.
- Only wash when it really needs it. This saves energy, water, your time and extends the life of the hoodie.
- When it’s ready for a wash, turn it inside out. This reduces the abrasion on the outside of the hoodie, and helps it keep looking crisp for longer.
- Wash at 30 degrees. Yep, I know, we wash colours at 40 right? Well, there’s no need – it’ll look and smell just great when washed at 30deg (as will most of your clothes!). It’ll also help to cut your electricity bill too – winner!
- Line dry after washing. Hot washing and tumble drying can effect the dimensional stability and can cause fading of the colours.
The clothes industry is a particularly dirty industry – we’re trying to do things in a better way!
None of our clothes contain polyester, nylon, or any other unsustainable man-made fibres, ensuring that micro plastics don’t end up in the sea. But that’s just the start. Below is a list of credentials that this product adheres to:
GOTS certified 100% Organic Cotton
Our organic cotton is certified by the Global Organic Textiles Standard (GOTS). This ensures that all of the cotton in the product is organic, but it also sets strict standards for the entire processing chain protecting both the end user and the environment. Check out our blog post on organic cotton for more information on why this is a better choice for the environment, or click the GOTS logo below to find out more about their certification.
Fair Wear Standard
The Fair Wear Foundation is a non-profit organisation with the mission to “see a world where the garment industry supports workers in realising their rights to safe, dignified, properly paid employment”. The manufacturer of this product is certified to the Fair Wear standard. Click on the Fair Wear logo below for more detailed information.
This product is part of the manufacturer’s Earth Positive apparel. This line of clothes creates 90% less CO2 during manufacture and shipping to the UK than a typical equivalent… and these are real-world reductions, without using any carbon offsetting. With the global clothing industry producing over 300 million tons of CO2 every year, this is important. The carbon footprint was calculated in accordance with BSI PAS2050. Click on the Climate Neutral logo below for more information from our manufacturer.
Dyed with GOTS approved chemicals, using low-water and controlled waste discharge processes, certified to OekoTex 100 Class I standard and conforming to REACH.
The fabrics are dyed in a zero-discharge dyehouse, where all the water is recycled in a closed-loop system.
The fabric in this hoodie is 100% brushed organic cotton.
Fabric weight: 320 grams per square meter.
Shipping & Returns
Our standard shipping costs are:
£3.40 – Standard delivery, tracked, 3-4 working days
£4.50 – Express delivery, tracked, 1-2 working days
We can, however, just sneak a single t-shirt out as a large letter, so we have a cheaper rate for those orders only:
£2.70 – Standard delivery, 3-4 working days
£3.30 – Express delivery, 1-2 working days
You can send any unwanted items back to us, FREE, within 21 days.
We understand that this might not be long enough when purchasing gifts for Christmas, so for any December orders we ask that you contact us by the 8th January or within 21 days of the purchase, whichever is the longer.
Please ensure that the items are unworn and have any labels still attached.
To make a return, please let us know via the returns contact form and we’ll email you a postage label. If you don’t have a printer, we can post the return label to you – just make a note of it when you contact us.
We normally expect to process your return and issue your refund within 7 days from receipt of the item, although this may be a little longer during busy periods. Please make sure that you get a receipt of postage just in case the item goes missing in the post!